TLB Member United States [TLB]Cable Chef's Avatar

FTB - Getting Started [Tutorial]

Here, I will describe the in's and out's of getting on our FTB server. It's not very difficult and hopefully this will provide some of you with the tools you need to get going.

First, you need to download the FTB launcher. Click here to get the launcher. (You want the client .exe, not the .jar)

Please pay attention to your install path. This is very important to the rest of the install. (I installed mine to My Documents)

The very next thing you'll need to do is.....you guessed it.......launch the FTB file you just downloaded. Upon the window opening you'll see some tabs at the top of the launcher. (News, Options, Mod Packs, Maps, Texture Packs) At this point you need to be sure you have the Modpacks tab selected. At the bottom of the window you will see some Drop-Down boxes. One of them says Create Profile. This is your login information for your MC account. Without it, you can't play. So create your profile with your credentials and you'll be ready do proceed.

Next, look just to the left side of the launcher window. You'll notice some mod packs listed there. The one you're looking for is Mindcrack v8.1.1. Select that pack and in the drop-down above, be sure it says it says 8.2.0 When you have everything selected (8.2.0, Mindcrack, Profile) Launch the game. This will download most of the files you are going to need for the server.

Next, you need to remember where you installed FTB. Remember how I said it was important earlier? Well, this is why.

Navigate to your install directory for FTB and look for a folder named Mindcrack. You will want to open Mindcrack-->Minecraft-->Mods. Once in the Mods directory you will want to download and install the following files. (Note, drop the following files into the Mods directory as they are. DO NOT UNZIP THEM)

Double Doors

MystCraft

BilboCraft

Drop those 3 files, as they are, into your Mindcrack-->Minecraft-->Mods directory.

Once you have completed the steps above it is time to login and play. Getting a Texturepack is something we can go over with you while on TS.

I hope this was helpful.

Please update your client to 8.2.0 in the launcher. Try connecting to the server. If that fails, follow this post. If that fails, find me on TS

NOTE: I will keep this thread updated with the Downloads needed to play on the server.
    [-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shits'n'Giggles--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

The Lazy Bastards; lazy by nature, bastards by choice.

TLB Founder United States [TLB]Sinister's Avatar

Re: FTB - Getting Started [Tutorial]

Thanks for doing this!

TLB Member United States [TLB]G. Strongbad's Avatar

Thanks man! It would have taken me forever to figure all this out myself.
    G. Strongbad

"Whoa!"
    Christopher Walken

TLB Founder United States [TLB]Sinister's Avatar

Just so nobody else ends up looking like a bonehead besides me... right-click, save link as, doesn't work on those files above because they're hosted on dropbox. The file name with correct extension will download where you specify, but it will be a blank file. Just left-click and let it go to Downloads.

OP has been updated.
    [-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shits'n'Giggles--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Updated with BilboCraft. Check the OP

Updated to Mindcrack 8.2.0. Check the OP for instructions.

NOTE: After the update, we noticed that alot of Barrels and tool racks were missing. My entire inventory of materials, stuff I had in barrels, disappeared. I am not sure how it happened but I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you had EQUIPMENT in a barrel, please contact me and I will replace those items.

Driller, Filler, & Biller [TLB]Festus's Avatar

I had a barrel full of barrels, those count as equipment don't they?

" It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. " --Anonymous